Thank you for your interest in the discussion we held in San Francisco on November 5th, 2014. Below are some resources we mentioned in the discussion or that we’ve otherwise found helpful here at FMA in guiding organizations through the challenges of growing or scaling their operations. (All links open up new windows.)
StrongNonprofits.org — This website, developed and hosted by FMA and The Wallace Foundation, gathers a number of vital resources to assist in the management of a nonprofit’s finances. Though it focuses particularly on the needs of out-of-school-time organizations, the lessons and tools are broadly applicable. Some of the resources below are also listed there.
- How Nonprofits Get Really Big
- Getting Replication Right: The Decisions That Matter Most for Nonprofit Organizations Looking to Expand
- Administrative Management Capacity in Out of School Time Organizations: An Exploratory Study
From The Evaluation Exchange at Harvard Family Research Project:
- Six Steps to Successfully Scale Impact in the Nonprofit Sector
- Applying a Broader Concept of Scale to Evaluate a Funding Strategy
From Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Getting replication right: The decisions that matter most for nonprofit organizations looking to expand
From Duke University:
- Scaling Social Impact: A Literature Toolkit for Funders at the Social Impact Exchange’s Knowledge Center.