This event has passed. Please visit our resources page to watch the recording and learn more about growing and scaling a nonprofit enterprise!
November 5th, from 3pm – 5pm PT/6pm-8pm ET, join FMA’s Founder and CEO, Hilda Polanco, and a distinguished panel of foundation and nonprofit staff for an engaging and experience-based discussion about the common (and not-so-common) challenges inherent in growing and scaling nonprofit enterprises. The event will happen live at Delancey Street Foundation in San Francisco and will stream live over the web.
Scroll down to learn more about this event:
- Dara Rose, Senior Program Officer, The Wallace Foundation (bio)
- Andrew Niklaus, Director, Impact + Evaluation, Tipping Point Community (bio)
- Sam Cobbs, Chief Executive Officer, First Place for Youth (bio)
- Lynsey Jeffries, Chief Executive Officer, Higher Achievement (bio)
About the discussion
How do effective nonprofit organizations prepare for and respond to a significant change in size and impact? With philanthropic investors increasingly looking to make big commitments to high-quality programs, the question has never been more pressing. Our panel features leaders—both foundations and nonprofit service providers—who have seen significant growth first-hand and lived to tell the tale! How do you know if you are ready to grow, prepare for it and maintain program quality under conditions of growth? How do you prepare for growth in a way that doesn’t unduly stress your financial infrastructure? The discussion will draw on panelists’ experience to identify the key lessons applicable to challenges faced by leaders across the nonprofit sector.
1. Email questions to Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Tweet questions using the hashtag #NPGrowth
3. Submit questions via this anonymous form! (opens in a new window)
Attending in person?
Time: Wednesday November 5th, 2014 from 3pm to 7pm PST
- Registration opens at 2:40pm (please try to arrive promptly)
- Program begins at 3pm
- Reception begins at 5pm: Enjoy wine and hors d’oeuvres and mingling as we toast to the opening of FMA’s newest office in San Francisco!
- Can’t be there in person? Sign up to attend the interactive live video feed here!
Delancey Street Foundation
600 The Embarcadero
San Francisco, CA 94107 (map)
Street parking is available, and there is a parking lot at Embarcadero & Bryant Street.
Via public transit, there is a muni stop right in front of Delancey Street Foundation at Embarcadero & Brannan Street. Enter your starting point here for transit directions to arrive by 2:45pm tomorrow.
Note: Entrance is from the middle of the block on the Embarcadero.