A key responsibility of each board member is to provide accountability to the public for the appropriate use of an organization’s resources. Board members can achieve this through approving an annual budget and then closely monitoring the operations of the organization by implementing robust internal controls.
The FMA Board Members’ Financial Leadership course will address both the governance responsibilities incumbent on board members, as well as their relationship with the operational senior management team. The focus is to make both boards and senior management develop a healthy, working relationship based on clear financial accountability and meaningful reporting activities.
After the course, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the key duties and responsibilities of members of the board
- Examine the role boards play in developing, approving and monitoring the budget
- Understand the on-going responsibilities of financial accountability
- Maximize board efficacy through well structured committees
- Define the range of internal controls
Who should attend: Board Members (including chairs and finance committee members), Executive Directors, Senior Managers and Fiscal Leaders
Dates & Times:
December 11, 2012
1:00 PM – 2:45 PM EST
Fees: $72 or complimentary for FMA Institute members
Level of Knowledge: Basic
Prerequisites/Advance Prep: Please bring your most recent audited financial statements and most recent 990
CPE credits: Group live (3 CPE) or Group Internet based (2 CPE)