Financial management is a key component of the role of Program Manager. Regardless of an organization’s mission, the ability of program staff to build and monitor budgets is critical to effective service delivery. Designed with the concerns of Program Managers in mind, this course will provide guidance on a variety of financial management topics, with a special focus on budget development and monitoring. Other topics covered will include understanding the accounting cycle, interpreting financial reports, and building the critical relationship between program and fiscal staff.
- Understand the purpose of a budget and the components of the budget development process
- Understand how expenses filter through an organization’s financial system
- Enhance ability to interpret data on financial reports
- Develop an agenda for quarterly budget monitoring meetings
- Identify the roles of the fiscal and program staff and key ways to enhance the fiscal-program relationship
- Who should attend: Program Managers and staff, as well as Finance staff who want to enhance their ability to
- Communicate financial data to program staff
Dates & Times:
February 12, 2013
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST
$72 or complimentary for FMA Institute members.
New York City location:
440 Park Avenue South, 3rd Floor (between 29th and 30th street)
New York, New York, 10016
Level of Knowledge: Basic
Prerequisites/Advance Prep: None
CPE credits: up to 2 CPE on-line or up to 3 CPE in – person
If you are trying to register for a course and it is closed, please contact Eva Andrew at email@example.com.