FMA-delivered courses are designed to be:
- Accessible to individuals with a range of fiscal management expertise
- Outcome-oriented and driven by best practices
- Tailored to client needs based on real-life conditions
- Sensitive to client time constraints
- Fused with the latest technology
- Cost effective
FMA Institute @HOME Training Programs
We custom-design workshops as a single event or as a component of an organization’s ongoing training program. We often join organizations’ management or board retreats, or provide training for grantees or program officers of foundations. Sample workshop topics include:
- Scenario Planning and Decision-Making in the Current Economic Climate
- Fiscal Management Duties of a Not-for-Profit Board of Directors
- Preparing for the New IRS Form 990: Not-for-Profit Accountability and Transparency
- Building Blocks to an Effective Budget Process
- Integrating Program Staff into an Organization’s Fiscal Management Efforts
- Making Life Easier by Using Your Accounting Software to its Fullest Capacity
- Implementing Effective Fiscal Policies & Procedures
The only nationally recognized certification program for nonprofit accounting professionals, CNAP earn high accolades from graduates for its comprehensive curriculum.
CNAP offers those on the nonprofit financial management and accounting front line comprehensive training on every component of nonprofit financial management.
CNAP topics address issues like:
- Financial Reporting
- Internal Controls
- Budget Development
- IRS Form 990
The course also has a built in self-assessment component that gives participants the ability to immediately apply their new knowledge against their organization’s capacity and leave the program with an action plan.
The course fee includes 7 online sessions or 3 days of in person training, all course materials, certification exam and certification fee.
For those CPAs interested in CNAP, the FMA Institute is authorized to offer CPE (Continuing Professional Education) credit through the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy.