Start Date: As soon as possible
- Time Commitment: 15-20 hours a week for a minimum of one semester, with the opportunity to extend beyond one semester
- Compensation: This is a paid internship.
- Bachelor’s degree candidate with commitment to the social sector
- Related work experience is not required
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Day-to-day flexibility and enthusiasm
About FMA (Fiscal Management Associates)
Since 1999, our team of consultants has served major foundations and nonprofit organizations nationwide and around the world by helping them develop the capacity they need to fulfill their missions more effectively and efficiently. Foundations routinely call on FMA to strengthen grantee operations and financial management, improve their own grant-making capacity, and increase the financial knowledge of their staff. Nonprofit organizations depend on FMA to offer advisory services and practical tools to surmount challenges and navigate significant decisions.
FMA seeks an Intern to serve as a member of our Consulting & Advisory Services (CAS) team. The Intern will help advance the firm’s work by providing analytic and administrative support for a diverse array of tasks related to business data management and program delivery. The successful candidate must have the ability to be detail-oriented when working with large sets of data and possess a willingness to learn technology platforms, including ZohoCRM, WordPress, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, Formstack, and Microsoft Excel. The Intern will play a key supportive role in FMA’s business development and program delivery.
The Intern will report directly to the Senior Program Associate on the Consulting and Advisory Services team. In addition, the Intern will work closely with the Manager of Marketing and Communications.
Business Data Management & Analysis
FMA works to identify nonprofits and philanthropic entities that are in need of financial and operational assistance.
- Improve data quality in ZohoCRM by researching nonprofit and philanthropic organizations
- Enter and convert data from various sources into business opportunities
- Gather and maintain data on FMA’s strategic partners
- Analyze business data in Microsoft Excel to support business development
Program Delivery Operations
FMA provides training programs and technical support to nonprofit organizations.
- Support nonprofit training program operations
- Facilitate internal program evaluations and drive response rates
- Ensure individuals/trainees are tracked in customer relationship management system
- Additional opportunities as available
How to Apply
- Please email your resume to email@example.com. Please write “New York Intern” in the subject line and in the body of the email, please respond to the following prompt in 200 words or less: How did you become interested in the social sector and/or in FMA?
- Deadline to submit applications: October 2nd, 2017
- Interviews will take place in early October.