FMA exists to build a community of individuals with the confidence and skills to lead organizations that change the world. We believe that resilience and innovation are achieved through an organizational culture that values learning, problem-solving, and a strong commitment to continuous improvement. To promote this, FMA provides fiscal and operations consulting and outsourced services to nonprofit and philanthropic organizations.
WORKING AT FMA
FMA offers an exciting and rewarding environment for motivated professionals. We are driven by a desire to identify solutions to challenging problems and dedicated to making a difference through both teamwork and independent thought and action. FMA serves organizations across the country from offices in New York, Chicago, Oakland, and Los Angeles. A number of our most valued employees also work remotely from elsewhere around the country!
ABOUT THE POSITION
FMA seeks an individual with a passion for nonprofit excellence. The Senior Consultant will work with the FMA Outsourcing team from one of our offices or virtually to provide accounting services and be a strategic partner with our clients nationwide. The Senior Consultant reports to FMA Lead Consultants and Directors. As a senior role, this position participates in high level accounting/financial services and supervises, mentors, and helps train other FMA staff and/or client staff. FMA allows for a unique opportunity to create a flexible work environment.
- Assists the Outsourcing team in completion of basic accounting.
- Delivers not-for-profit financial Outsourcing services. Services include, but are not limited to: budget development and cash flow planning, software implementation and training, senior level accounting services, and audit support packages.
- Represents the client during the audit process.
- May present to outside clients, Boards of Directors and FMA Team members on an as-needed basis.
- Participates in planning and case management activities when applicable.
- Attends, and, when appropriate, presents at appropriate training, conferences and networking events.
- Four-year degree in Business Administration (or similar field) with a major in accounting required.
- Minimum of 5 years as an accountant in a nonprofit setting or Public Accounting.
- CPA preferred, but not required.
- Strong knowledge of Fund Accounting Software products, Excel and Microsoft Office.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements with “Sr. Consultant, Outsourcing – Nationwide” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Open Until Filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER