Project/Site: Center for Court Innovation
Location: Manhattan, New York
The Center for Court Innovation, a project of the Fund for the City of New York, is a non-profit organization that promotes new thinking about how to reduce crime and incarceration while strengthening public trust in justice. The Center creates operating projects, including the award-winning Red Hook Community Justice Center and Midtown Community Court, that have been documented to improve public safety and reduce the use of jail and prison. Nationally and internationally, the Center performs original research on topics of justice reform and provides consulting services to criminal justice innovators.
The Fiscal Department is looking for a Budget Analyst to manage a portfolio of government grants and contracts, including budget and forecast preparation and analysis, ensuring compliance with government contract regulations; invoice & expense review, reconciliation and financial reporting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage project grants, contracts, revenue, expenditures and compliance;
- Analyze project costs and variances to budget and forecast;
- Reconcile accounting system reports to financial Excel reports;
- Review monthly accounting close and submit adjusting journal entries as needed;
- Produce quarterly project forecasts to project revenue and expenses for both line-item reimbursement and performance-based grant contracts;
- Work with Project Directors to develop budgets and forecasts for revenue & operating expenses;
- Manage relationships & reporting to government agencies and other funders;
- Function as a liaison to the Center’s parent organization to ensure accurate programmatic and grant/project income & expense reporting & compliance;
- Work with the Development Department to prepare and review budgets for submission in response to requests for proposals;
- Process, review and approve invoices, time sheets and expense reports.
The ideal candidate will have a college degree in business administration, accounting or related field and a minimum of 3 years work experience with budgets and grants/contracts. Strongly prefer experience in nonprofit and/or government accounting, including grant and contract accounting, compliance, and reporting.
- Extremely detail oriented;
- familiarity with basic accounting principles and financial/accounting systems.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Experience in prioritizing projects, meeting deadlines, and initiating follow through with meticulous attention to detail and high-level accuracy both individually and in a team setting.
- Solid analytical capabilities and strong writing skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain working relationships with staff, partner agencies, funders, and all other internal and external workforces at all levels with utmost professionalism.
Credentials: Bachelor’s Degree
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits package.
Deadline to Apply: April 28, 2017
Send resume, cover letter, salary requirements:
Subject line: Budget Analyst
Attn.: Chante Ramsey
Center for Court Innovation
520 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10018
Fax (212) 397-0985
Note: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.